- 1. QUICK START GUIDE
- 2. SET UP YOUR RISK PROJECT
- 2.1. RISK MODEL and Customisation
- 2.2. RISK TABLE and Customisation
- 3. RISK REPORTS
- 4. PERMISSIONS
- 4.1. Risk Manager Admin
- 5. BOOK A DEMO
1. QUICK START GUIDE
- Open (or create) a Jira Project in which you want to manage your risks.
- Find the “Risk Management“ tab from the Project panel.
- Click on the „Risk Model“ and Enable a risk assessment model for your Project, choosing from the list of available Risk Models.
- Next, you will be guided by the tool to choose a Risk Table from the list of table templates to manage your risks.
Here is a short video tutorial walking you through the steps listed above – SoftComply Risk Manager Quick Start Guide:
2. SET UP YOUR RISK PROJECT
2.1. RISK MODEL and Customisation
A Risk Model determines the way you assess the risks – the number of risk characteristics you need and the risk evaluation method that you use.
You can create your own Risk Models from scratch, just follow the guided Create Model configuration. The existing Risk Model Templates can be fully configured, following the steps below:
- Go to “Apps” → “Risk Manager Plus” → “Risk Models” page to create your own risk models or to edit any of the existing Risk Model Templates provided.
- All Risk Model attributes are customisable, i.e. you can add and name your own Risk Characteristics (classifiers like Probability, Impact, Detectability, etc), define Risk Classes, Risk Assessment Iterations (steps like Initial, Current, Target, etc).
Risk Models are all global templates for your team(s) working in your Jira instance and they can be used in any of the Jira projects in which you manage risks.
- You can have many risk assessment models in one Jira project.
- You can assess one risk (Jira issue) in different ways (multiple risk models assigned to risks).
- You can use different risk models for different risks (Jira issues) inside one Jira project.
2.2. RISK TABLE and Customisation
A Risk Table provides you with an overview of your risks in a familiar spreadsheet format – you can work on your risks either in this Risk Table view or in a Jira issue view one risk at a time, as each risk is an individual Jira issue.
A Risk Table in the SoftComply Risk Manager Plus can have several sheets to best organise your risks. You can define and name each Table sheet yourself.
You can create your own Risk Table from scratch or you may customise the existing Risk Table templates provided:
- Go to “Apps” → “Risk Manager Plus” → “Risk Tables” page to create your own Risk Table or edit any of the existing Risk Table Templates provided;
- You can also add sheets (tabs) and define columns as you would in Excel;
- Next, connect your Risk Table with a Risk Model and assign the Jira fields (column types) to your table columns for additional information about your risks;
- Each Table sheet in your global Risk Table can be connected to a different Risk Model, making it easy to work with different Risk Models in a single risk project (e.g. you can conduct Hazard Analysis on one sheet and FMEA on the other sheet).
3. RISK REPORTS
We are working on an automated generation of risk reports directly from the Jira Project to a Confluence page where you can then build your risk management records. This reporting functionality will be available by the end of January 2023.
Currently, you can export your risks into pdf and csv.
You can export your risks in the Risk Model view to pdf:
And, you can export your risks in the Risk Table view into csv format:
4.1. Risk Manager Admin
Risk Manager Plus has one special role – Risk Management Administrator.
All Jira Administrators are Risk Management Administrators by default and you can assign this role to the users/groups under “Apps” → “Risk Manager Plus” → “Settings“ → “Permissions“.
Risk Management Administrators can:
- add/edit/remove Risk Model and Risk Table global templates;
- assign Risk Model and Risk Tables to Jira Project.
Regular Jira users can work with the Risk Manager Plus tool using the global templates created for them and provided that risk management is enabled in the project that they have access to.
5. BOOK A DEMO
To learn more about the SoftComply Risk Manager Plus on Jira Cloud, you are most welcome to book a DEMO CALL with the SoftComply team.