Object Registers in the SoftComply Risk Manager Plus: A Powerful Tool for Risk & Asset Management in Jira
The SoftComply Risk Manager Plus is the most advanced risk management app in Jira.
It supports a wide range of features including the ability to:
- create multiple risk models per project,
- manage various types of risks in a fully configurable multi-sheet risk register (spreadsheet), and
- create an organisation-wide object register for risk-related items like assets, harms, etc – a brand new feature!!
SoftComply Risk Manager Plus is easy to use and can be integrated with Jira, making it a valuable tool for organizations of all sizes. If you are looking for a way to improve your risk management practices, SoftComply Risk Manager Plus is a great option.
New Feature Alert: Object Registers
The SoftComply Risk Manager Plus has a new feature that helps create and manage your risk related items: the Object Registers. This combines Asset Management in JIra with Risk Management functionality.
You can build your own Registers/Repositories of objects to:
- Maintain organisation-wide list of risks/assets/controls;
- Control the risk data entries to your Risk Table (eliminating typos, differences in wording etc.);
- Maintain a full list of items that need to be covered with Risks;
- Be able to centrally edit registers for easier risk management;
- Get an overview of the risk coverage – are all my risks covered by controls? How many risks are linked to different assets?
Understanding Risk & Asset Management in Jira
SoftComply Risk Manager Plus is a risk management app that can also be used to track and manage assets through its Object Registers.
Having your asset management in Jira allows you to track the location, status, and condition of your assets. You can track the risks associated with your assets and create plans to mitigate those risks thereafter.
Benefits of Risk & Asset Management in Jira
Centralized asset repository: SoftComply Risk Manager Plus app includes Object Registers that provide central repositories for all your assets in Jira. This makes it easy to track and manage your assets.
Risk & Asset Management in Jira: having your asset management in Jira together with risk management within the SoftComply Risk Manager Plus app allows you to track the risks associated with your assets. This helps you to identify and mitigate potential risks as well as generate coverage reports for assets, risks and controls.
Planning: asset management in Jira also helps you to create plans for maintaining and improving your assets. This in turn ensures that your assets are always in good condition.
How to use the Object Register for Asset Management in Jira
1. Navigate to the Risk Manager Plus App page and select Object Registers from the left menu
2. Create a register and enter details about your objects
You can add fields to the register yourself to include all the data that you wish the objects to have in the register. The “Title” field will be visible in your Risk Table, so make sure you give each object a title you will later recognise.
3. Include the Object Registers field(s) to the Risk Table template
4. Link the Register to a Project where you wish to use it – simply select from the list of projects
Make sure to assign the Risk Table template where you have added the Object Register fields to the same project.
5. Start filling in your data in the Project Risk Table view
After having entered the data to your project and linked different Objects to Risks, you will have a full overview of the risk coverage on the Object Register’s global page. You can also add links to existing Risks directly from here: